Monday, May 17, 2010

All Saints have a past, and all sinners have a future

I went on a much needed retreat last last weekend, it was pretty good. The theme was 'Footprints in the Sand' although personally I didn't really find heaps of relevance to the theme, I thought about the theme myself in my own meditation and really liked what came from it. It's like when you walk along a beach (or desert lol) and you look behind you, you see all the prints that you made, how it changed the environment around it and most importantly (to me) all the prints that my friends and family have made and how they interacted. Then you look forward and the beach is unmarked, meaning the future can be anything you want it to be :) I made a few new friends and had heaps of fun playing the games Cha Hong taught us, and I found by the end of the retreat I started calling the Fathers "Cha" ('father' in Vietnamese) by default so I guess it made me more fobby hahaha.

I had time to reflect on some of my relationships too, particularly with the friend I was having trouble with and I remembered one of Jesus' teachings, "you who are sinless may cast the first stone". I'm not saying that I've done what they did, but I know I'm not perfect and although they have done what they did, I shouldn't condemn them for a mistake they probably wouldn't have done in their right minds. I also remembered a really nice quote someone told me at another retreat once... "All Saints have a past, and all sinners have a future." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment